One last time for the day: Sign Off

Just one more video mom!

Last week I posted a video called “DeroVolk Channel SIGN-OFF” and it looks like that it was a total success. The Online Cambridge Dictionary defines it as “to stop doing your work or another activity for a period of time”. On TV, it means that the station stops its operations until next morning. Sign-offs were widely used in the past when TV stations did not transmit 24 hours a day. However, until this day, there are still many stations that sign-off at night.

DeroVolk flag and name
The final screen of the Sign-Off video

I have always, for some reason, liked this kind of stuff. Of course, you can find unique recordings of anthems in sign-offs, but there is also something special on them. That is why I decided to do my own. I must recognize that I had already done some sign-offs in the past both for DeroVolk or other projects, but they did not have the quality or perfection that I wanted. Maybe some old viewers of my channel will remember the original sign-off of DeroVolk!

But, in any case, I tried one more time and I think that the result was very good. I came up with a story that the video could tell and I would like to explain it in this post. I separated the story in 6 parts of footage during the video.

NATURE: The first part of the video represents the many backgrounds of most of my videos. The forests, mountains, slightly dark lighting, etc.

THE SEARCH: The mystery of the Moldovan SSR anthem. The search for the original recording, the sources checked, dead ends and the fraction of the vocal version found in the TV spot of Valeriu Pasat’s exhibition.

GLORY IN AGES: This part represents the finding of the original score and Cyrillic lyrics by KingWorld30, and the finding of the Latin lyrics by Luka Nicifirovic. One curious thing is that both of them found the lyrics almost at the same time!

A NEW RECORDING: When the mystery was resolved, everyone tried to find the original recording because now we KNEW that it existed. However, someone made a completely different thing! GETchan, an honorary member of the Stefan Neaga Commission, contacted several Romanian singers and made a totally new version of the MSSR anthem. However, it took many months…

DISASTER: The fall of the original channel and the miracle that never came. Truly a dark day for the anthem community. In future post I will talk about what really happened and what I think about this situation...


What do you think about sign-offs? If you have any link to an interesting video, please share it with us!

 


Comments

  1. A sing-off needs this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian-head_test_pattern

    About Youtube: It's because you used Nazi iconography in the Third Reich videos. (((Youtube))) won't allow that but you can make as many Communist music videos as you like though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countries with similar National Anthems

Marcha Real: The National Anthem of Spain

Similarities in National Anthems