Recommended editing software

What I use...

One of the many things that people has asked me during all these years if what editing software I use. Well, although I have replied to many comments, I cannot answer them all. So, this is a good opportunity to share with you the programs that I use not only when I do DeroVolk videos, but also daily life projects.

SONY VEGAS

Sony Vegas
Source: Flickr (npslibrarian)

This is the number one choice. It is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. It also has many options for video quality and video formats. If you are looking for a certain option, you will find it quickly because the menus do not have a lot of things like other editing software. I highly recommend get used to this program because it will be useful for you, even if you do not know anything about video editing and you are just starting. During college, this program saved me several times in marketing courses!

ADOBE PREMIERE PRO

Adobe Premiere
Source: Piqsels
If Sony Vegas is not enough for you, consider Premiere Pro. It is an amazing editing software with a lot of possibilities. You can import your all other Adobe files and work with them inside of Premiere. You do not have to do any conversion at all! Of course, this program is a little bit more complicated than Sony Vegas, but you can do a lot of things with it. I started just a few years ago using this software for personal projects. I am not too good at it yet, but I am learning.

ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS

Adobe After Effects
Source: Flickr (Wapster)

I only use this for certain things such as adding special effects or rendering specific templates for personal projects. I do not recall using this in DeroVolk very much. Oh, and before I forget, this is a lot more complicated to use…

ADOBE AUDITION

Adobe Audition
Source: Pxhere (Alan Levine)

Although Sony Vegas has some audio editing options, I do not like them. They are very simple and somewhat complicated to use (for me). That is why I choose Adobe Audition. It has a great variety of tools to enhance your audio tracks and it is very easy to use. You can do a lot of things with it, but I use it just for the basic stuff. I must recognize that I do not know very much about audio editing, but it serves its function.

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP

Adobe Photoshop
Source: Flickr (Shawn Campbell)

Adobe fanboy? I don’t know. But they have amazing editing software. And I think that this is their star product. I started using and learning Photoshop since I was a kid back in 2008. I remember that I used to do horrible photomontages with a lot of effects and nonsense stuff. Well, nowadays I use it not only in DeroVolk, but also in my personal projects and college. I think that it is very easy to do, you just have to practice.

ATUBE CATCHER

Okay, this is not for editing. But being able to get your resources from the web is the base for all. In the case of videos, I recommend this software because it is free and has several other useful tools such as the audio recorder, the screen recorder (which can also record the sound from your PC) and the video format converter. One of the best out there!


Do you use any other software? Share what you use in the comments!

PS: I started with Windows Movie Maker, I ain’t gonna lie…


Comments

  1. Well, not yet, until now I only use Adobe Photoshop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to make your lyrics style :$

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countries with similar National Anthems

Marcha Real: The National Anthem of Spain

Similarities in National Anthems