Just a strange musical taste?

The Beginning...

Since the dawn of our species man has been blessed with curiosity. This is something that I have embraced since I was a kid. I know that I and many others have spent nights reading articles on Wikipedia or other similar sites, watching videos and listening classical compositions. This is one of the reasons of why I got interested in this topic.

Earth globe model
Source: Pixabay

By 2008 I had already listened to several national anthems for different reasons. For example, when I was in 3rd grade, they taught us “La Marsellaise” in my French class of my school in Chile. Then I came to Spain for the first time in 2007, and I listened to the well-known “Marcha Real” (which is already a meme in my channel).

I had listened those anthems, but I was not interested in that topic. That changed in 2008 when I was watching YouTube videos and one of them got my attention. It was a Soviet Parade video and on one part of it the Soviet National Anthem was played by the Red Army Band. It got my attention because it was awesome (I think that most of us can agree on that!).

This is how all started. After that, I got interested in History in general and I spent hours reading articles and watching videos. Not only did I get interested in musical compositions such as anthems, but also in geopolitics, modern history, history of Chile and South America, etc. With this knowledge, during the years, I started to understand the background around those special musical compositions.

The Platform that changed everything...

YouTube has contributed a lot to this. In that platform I have made many friends during these years. We all shared the same passion! I remember that we watched channels such as LordDaine’s and we thought that they were unreachable. They had high quality videos and awesome content. As we grew up, we started to understand of edition software works and each one of us started a channel. I have to say that I had already some experience with other channel in YouTube, but that is a story for another day.

Stats of DeroVolk in YouTube
Source: Socialblade

That is how started the original DeroVolk project. I never thought that it would grow up to a point where it was the most subscribed channel in the Anthem Community. It had ups and downs, but I tried to do my best. And I think that the audience knew that…

However, some people do not understand what we do and will not pay attention to context. Everything has a start and an end. And that end finally came on July of 2019. Most of you know the story and I do not want to bore you with the details again, but we can talk about that in another post.

Time has passed, and here we are. I am starting this new project as a way to share with the audience thoughts and some other things. I am currently studying a master’s degree in Digital Marketing, and I think that a Blog could be a good idea to start working in new skills and practicing what I have learnt. Also, I know that I can share useful content with you and make together the community a better place.

Any ideas of what you would like to see in this Blog? Share them bellow!

Thank you for your support during all these years.

DeroVolk


Comments

  1. For an Idea, what about articles about proposed National Anthems such as "God Bless Australia" (I really like that anthem more than the latter one). A response is truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project Dero. Fuck (((Youtube))) for nuking the original Neaga. Dero cannot be stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started following your channel several years ago and have sometimes been wondering what got you into it or even how this whole "anthem community" thing got started, so thanks for the insights. For myself, I was always interested in history and geopolitics. When I started getting into languages and cultures as well, I started to really appreciate the beauty of national anthems, and later other political and patriotic songs. They project the image that these nations (or at least the contemporary regimes responsible) wanted to show to the rest of the world - and they're good for language practice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your channel and after many years, you are still uploading your videos and share the anthems. Thank you for creating your channel and the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember that the first video I saw on your channel was the UAE national anthem, in January 2017, for me it was something new, since I had never seen anything like it. But I forgot your channel for about 2 years, until I saw your version of the Montenegrin anthem, I spent hours watching your videos, and from there, I started following you. Thanks for creating your channel, you are great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countries with similar National Anthems

Marcha Real: The National Anthem of Spain

Similarities in National Anthems